A variety of resources about psychology are available on the Internet or at any library, including books, journals, newspapers, pamphlets and electronic resources.
Where can I find research articles in psychology?
Psychology Literature Databases
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide. …
- Family Studies Abstracts. …
- Medline (Ovid) …
- Oxford Clinical Psychology. …
- ProQuest Psychology Database. …
- PsycINFO. …
- PubMed@USC. …
- Social Work Abstracts.
30 дек. 2020 г.
Where are scholarly articles usually found?
Scholarly articles are often found in journals, which compile several peer-reviewed articles on similar topics in the same place. You will often find these articles in online databases or in the periodicals section of your library, but it is still valuable to find pertinent information in actual, physical, books.
How do I know if an article is scholarly?
To determine if an article is scholarly, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who is the author? Who is the audience? …
- Who are experts? Researchers, professors, or professionals in the field.
- Who is the publisher? …
- Why was the article published? …
- Does the article cite sources? …
- What is the format?
15 авг. 2020 г.
Where can I find free scholarly articles?
The Top 21 Free Online Journal and Research Databases
- CORE. CORE is a multidisciplinary aggregator of open access research. …
- ScienceOpen. …
- Directory of Open Access Journals. …
- Education Resources Information Center. …
- arXiv e-Print Archive. …
- Social Science Research Network. …
- Public Library of Science. …
How do you find the source of a paper?
Tips For Finding Good Sources For Research Paper
- Identify your research paper topics.
- Keep the purpose of work in mind.
- Create a list of the key concepts.
- Go to the library.
- Make notes.
- Consider different types of information.
- Continue your research online.
- Analyze and organize collected data.
14 апр. 2020 г.
How can you tell if it is a peer-reviewed article?
If the article is from a printed journal, look at the publication information in the front of the journal. If the article is from an electronic journal, go to the journal home page and look for a link to ‘About this journal’ or ‘Notes for Authors’. Here it should tell you if the articles are peer-reviewed.
What is an example of a scholarly article?
Some examples of scholarly journals are Journal of Business Ethics , Personnel Psychology , Elementary School Journal , Journal of Organizational Behavior , and Nursing Science Quarterly . This category of journals is much more acceptable for research in the academic setting.
How do I find scholarly articles on Google?
Find an article at Google Scholar
- Go to Google Scholar, enter the article title, and click Search: …
- If available, your article should appear as one of the first few results:
- If you click an article’s title, you may be taken to a publisher’s site that will ask you to pay for full text.
18 нояб. 2020 г.
What makes something a scholarly source?
Scholarly sources are written by academics and other experts and contribute to knowledge in a particular field by sharing new research findings, theories, analyses, insights, news, or summaries of current knowledge. … Books, articles, and websites can all be scholarly.
Is ThoughtCo a scholarly source?
We produce fact-based, unbiased, well-researched articles that acknowledge the validity of all viewpoints. ThoughtCo articles include a source list to support the writer’s claims and to enable readers to explore the topic further.
How do you know if something is peer reviewed on Google Scholar?
1. If you find the name of a journal, type it “in quotes,” into the regular version of Google to find that journal’s homepage. Journals often brag about the fact that they are peer reviewed (also known as “refereed” or “juried”).
Is Google Scholar credible?
Only credible, scholarly material is included in Google Scholar, according to the inclusion criteria: “content such as news or magazine articles, book reviews, and editorials is not appropriate for Google Scholar.” Technical reports, conference presentations, and journal articles are included, as are links to Google …
What is a scholarly article and how do I find one?
You can find scholarly articles in a number of different library databases. Some databases like JSTOR, Web of Science, and ScienceDirect contain scholarly journals, exclusively. Others have a mix of scholarly journals, popular magazines, newspapers and other material.
What is the best place to find a scholarly article GCU?
The two GCU scholarly database that will help one find the best research articles are CINAHL Complete database and ProQuest Health and Medical Complete.
What does scholarly mean?
: of, characteristic of, or suitable to learned persons : learned, academic.